Galt Boys and Girls Club Closed After Mold is Discovered
Children in Galt are being turned away from their after school haven after mold
was discovered in the Boys and Girls Club.
The city was first alerted to the problem about a week and a half ago. During
a routine inspection, a city employee noticed what appeared to be mold growing
in an equipment room. Tests were immediately ordered.
Galt city manager Ted Anderson that the facility will be closed until the
tests can determine exactly what kind of mold is growing in the building. The
closure has meant the displacement of the city-run Tot's Preschool, which has
been temporarily moved to the Littleton Community Center.
Anderson stressed that the city's actions are purely precautionary. "We're
tying to be proactive," he said. "We've had no notice of sickness.
We've had no one complain."
OR GO TO MOLD NEWS HOME PAGE
Professional Mold Testing and Mold Remediation Classes
Call Southeastern Mold Institute Inc. at 1-850-276-3135 for
a FREE PHONE CONSULATION on MOLD TRAINING AND MOLD CERTIFICATION
OTHER HELPFUL TOXIC MOLD SITES:
OR EMAIL US AT
MOLD TRAINING CLASS = ADMIN@MOLDCLASS.COM